OEVA (Old Englewood Village Association)
For Civic Betterment and Social Improvements
Old Englewood Village Association (OEVA) was founded in 1984 as Dearborn Merchants Association, a non-profit civic organization representing issues affecting its members and Dearborn Street in Englewood, FL. In 1986 the organization was renamed Downtown Merchants Association. Then again renamed in 1994 to Old Englewood Village Association (OEVA) which is now a 501(c)(4) non-profit corporation with a mission of bringing about civic betterment and social improvements to Englewood Florida.
The Association works cooperatively with Sarasota County Government and the Englewood Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) to inform, promote, and engage Businesses and Residents in the Englewood area.
Today OEVA is a group of local merchants and residents volunteering and working together to make Englewood a place where businesses prosper and a place that residents are proud to call their home.
This dedicated group of volunteers work with area businesses to facilitate community events as well as organizing other festivals that celebrate the history of this small gulf coast community.
Some of OEVA’s more notable efforts include:
- Sponsoring, “Cruisin’ on Dearborn”. Every first Saturday of the month hundreds of cars and thousands of people converge in Englewood Village.
- Organizing the “Englewood Fine Arts & Handmade Crafts Festival”. A “judged” Art Show held the first weekend of December features Artists in all mediums.
- Sponsor the annual “Halloween Safe Walk”. West Dearborn Street closes for safe trick or treating. Kids of all ages take part and hundreds more show up just to watch the show.
- Sponsor the annual “Christmas Walk and Parade”. This nighttime parade on Dearborn Street is one of Santa’s favorites.
- Sponsor the annual “Englewood Seafood & Music Festival” in January at the Dearborn Street Plaza.
What we can do is limited only by the imagination and energy of our Members and Supporters.
Please consider becoming a member or volunteering with some of your unique talents!
You can register on the website for free: Join OEVA
Once you have registered, you can upgrade and subscribe for OEVA Membership as an artist, business or both for $100 p/yr.
Supporting OEVA is supporting an organization that supports Englewood Village. Funding for OEVA comes solely from profits of our Festivals and membership dues.