Annual Meeting / Board Meeting – January 21, 2020
Published: March 12, 2020
Absent: Joyce Colmar, Director, 404-660-7629
Taylor Meals, President, 941-468-6813
Bob LaSalle, Vice Pres., 941-408-6541
Brian Matthews, Secretary, 941-777-3161
Cindy Meals, Treasurer, 941-474-5100
Nancy McCune, Director, 615-738-7332
Les Bernstein, Director, 941-460-1999
John Munn, Groovin’ in the Gallery
Jean O’Neil, Lemon Bay Clay
Todd Tracy, Artist Acres
Maria Cummings, Suncoast Central Realty
Judi Jenkins, Life Realized
Wendy Blake, Lemon Bay Bungalows
Evelyn Dales, Englewood Village Properties
Dickie Jean, Suncoast Central Property Management
Greg Dales, G&E Dales Properties
Debbie Marks, CRA, firstname.lastname@example.org, 941-650-2235
Mary Kruzel, CRA, email@example.com, 941-685-0078
Mike Robulock, Robulock Trust
Discussion / Action:
- Taylor Meals called the meeting to order at 5:15 PM.
- Taylor Meals stated that the sole purpose of the Annual Meeting is to hold elections for board members. A discussion pursued regarding if there were 4 members with expiring terms or 3. With comments from Todd Tracy, Taylor agreed that there were 4 members terms that had expired; Taylor Meals, Cindy Meals, Les Bernstein, & Joyce Colmar.
- The following members voice that they were interested in being on the Board: Todd Tracy, Wendy Blake, Jean O’Neil, Maria Cummings, Taylor Meals, Cindy Meals, Dickie Jean, Judi Jenkins, & Les Bernstein. A ballot was created with all of the names of the interested members. All members that were present voted by ballot. Nancy McCune and Debbie Marks adjourned to another room and counted the ballots. The members elected to the 4 board positions were Todd Tracy, Maria Cummings, Jean O’Neil, and Wendy Blake.
- The Annual Meeting was adjourned and the existing and newly elected board members remained as the members and non-member Mike Robulock were asked to leave. CRA members Debbie Marks and Mary Kruzel remained as observers.
- Vice President Bob LaSalle called a Board Meeting to order at 5:40 PM with the purpose of filling vacancies of offices left vacant by the departing President Taylor Meals, and departing Treasurer, Cindy Meals. Nominations began for the office of President with Todd Tracy and Brian Matthews. During this time, discussion began amongst the Board Members regarding who might be Treasurer. At 5:43 PM, Vice President Bob LaSalle resigned.
- With the resignation of Bob LaSalle, Brian Matthews continued the meeting as the only remaining officer. Todd Tracy nominated Brian as President, and he was elected unanimously. Todd Tracy was elected unanimously as Vice President (the office vacated by the current board member Bob LaSalle). Nancy McCune was elected Secretary (the office vacated by Brian Matthews when he became President), and Wendy Blake was elected unanimously as Treasurer.
- After the elections of officers, there was still an open position on the Board with the resignation of Bob LaSalle. The Board appointed Les Bernstein to complete the remaining year of Bob’s term as a Director.
- Todd Tracy discussed that there should be another Board Meeting as soon as possible and it was decided that the next Board Meeting would take place on Wednesday, January 29, 2020 at 4:00 PM at the offices of Tall Pines Realty (Brian Matthews’ place of work).
Submitted by Brian Matthews, President (past Secretary)