OEVA (Olde Englewood Village Association) was founded in 1984 as The Olde Englewood Village Community Development Corporation, a non-profit civic organization representing the Olde Englewood area.
Renamed in 1994 to The Olde Englewood Village Association, OEVA is a 501c4 non profit corporation whose purpose is to:
“facilitate The Olde Englewood Village communities neighborhood revitalization and beautification through efforts which will include economic, business, civic, social and recreational services that will benefit the residents as a whole as well as surrounding communities and neighborhoods”.
OEVA works cooperatively with Sarasota County Government and the Englewood Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) to inform, promote and engage Businesses and Residents in the Olde Englewood area.
Some of OEVA’s more visible efforts include:
- Sponsoring, “Cruisin’ on Dearborn”. Every first Saturday of the month hundreds of cars and thousands of people converge on Olde Englewood.
- Organizing the “Englewood Fine Arts & Crafts Festival”. A “juried” Art Show held the first weekend of December features hundreds of Artists in all mediums.
- Sponsor the annual “Halloween Safe Walk”. W Dearborn Street closes for safe trick or treating. Kids of all ages take part and hundreds more show up just to watch the show.
- Sponsor the annual “Christmas Walk and Parade”. This nighttime parade is one of Santa’s favorites.
- Sponsor the annual “Englewood Seafood & Music Festival” in January at Dearborn Street Plaza.
What we can do is limited only by the imagination and energy of our Members and Supporters.
Supporting OEVA is supporting an organization that supports Olde Englewood. Funding for OEVA comes solely from profits of the Englewood Fine Arts & Crafts Festival and membership dues.
Board of Directors
|Brian Matthews||MATTHEWS Realtors® at Tall Pines Realty||President|
|Todd Tracy||Artist Acres Gallery||Vice President|
|Nancy McCune||Dragon Lady Bling||Secretary|
|Wendy Blake||Lemon Bay Bungalows Partnership||Treasurer|
|Les Bernstein||Rehab on Dearborn||Director|
|Jean O’neil||Lemon Bay Clay Studio, LLC||Director|