OEVA (Old Englewood Village Association) was founded in 1984 as Dearborn Merchants Association, a non-profit civic organization representing issues affecting its members and Dearborn Street in Englewood. In 1986 the organization was renamed Downtown Merchants Association.
Renamed in 1994 to Old Englewood Village Association, OEVA is now a 501(c)(4) non-profit corporation operated primarily for bringing about civic betterment and social improvements.
OEVA works cooperatively with Sarasota County Government and the Englewood Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) to inform, promote, and engage Businesses and Residents in the Englewood area.
Some of OEVA’s more visible efforts include:
- Sponsoring, “Cruisin’ on Dearborn”. Every first Saturday of the month hundreds of cars and thousands of people converge in Englewood Village.
- Organizing the “Englewood Fine Arts & Handmade Crafts Festival”. A “juried” Art Show held the first weekend of December features Artists in all mediums.
- Sponsor the annual “Halloween Safe Walk”. W Dearborn Street closes for safe trick or treating. Kids of all ages take part and hundreds more show up just to watch the show.
- Sponsor the annual “Christmas Walk and Parade”. This nighttime parade on Dearborn Street is one of Santa’s favorites.
- Sponsor the annual “Englewood Seafood & Music Festival” in January at Dearborn Street Plaza.
What we can do is limited only by the imagination and energy of our Members and Supporters.
Supporting OEVA is supporting an organization that supports Englewood Village. Funding for OEVA comes solely from profits of our Festivals and membership dues.
Board of Directors
|Brian Matthews||MATTHEWS Realtors® at Tall Pines Realty||President|
|Todd Tracy||Artist Acres Gallery||Vice President|
|Nancy McCune||Dragon Lady Bling||Secretary|
|Wendy Blake||Lemon Bay Bungalows Partnership||Treasurer|
|Les Bernstein||Rehab on Dearborn||Director|
|Jean O’neil||Lemon Bay Clay Studio, LLC||Director|
|Evelyn Dales||Englewood Village Properties, LLC||Director|