Green Main St
Update: Following a number of public meetings, and the feedback received by the public both at the meetings at here through our feedback link, the concensus is that we proceed with Option 2. Some modifications have been made to the design: most significantly, Green Street will remain 2-way to allow for boat traffic to Indian Mounds Park. Also, the round-about will be tabled for now, but may be revisited in the future.
- For many years discussions of storm water management on Dearborn Street have taken place. The original thought was that a vault system would capture the storm water.
- The introduction of Low Impact Design as an alternative was presented to the Board of County Commissioners, and with their directive, the work was defined, and then awarded, to a local team of professional including DMK Associates, Florida Waterscapes LLC, and Axis Engineering.
- West Dearborn Street and the surrounding commercial area have been approved as the pilot project for the Low Impact Design Manual.
- The primary purpose of the Low Impact Design project is to provide an ecologically sound method for storm water management that has re-use potential at its source.
- In addition to the health of Lemon Bay and surrounding areas being greatly enhanced, the Low Impact Design project encompasses a broad swath of improvements including pedestrian pathways, parking, signage, street and county-owned property beautification.
Page 1 of 2